Brochure Type: Europe Costsaver 2017
The land of the Vikings, deep fjords and the Northern Lights - Norway, Denmark and Sweden - are explored on this fascinating journey of discovery. Visit Copenhagen's Nyhaven, drive around the Hardangerfjord and spend the night on the shores of Lake Vanern.
- Bergen See Haakon's Hall and the bustling fish market
- Copenhagen Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the Little Mermaid, Nyhavn, Royal Amalienborg Palace and the Carlsberg Glyptotek
- Oslo View the medieval fortress Akershus, the Town Hall and the Royal Palace and visit the Vigeland Sculpture Park with your Local Specialist
- Stockholm Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the medieval Storkyrkan, the Town Hall, Riddarholm Church and the Royal Palace
- 11 Scandinavian breakfasts
- 5 three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Arrive Copenhagen (2 Nights): Welcome to Copenhagen. Relax and unwind after check-in or go on a stroll through the city. Tonight meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for dinner at the hotel.Dinner|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Copenhagen Sightseeing and Free Time: This morning, your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour of this wonderful city, including the major sights such as the Little Mermaid, Nyhavn, the Royal Amalienborg Palace and the Carlsberg Glyptotek. You'll have free time to visit one the galleries or do some shopping.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 3||Frederikshavn||Copenhagen - Odense - Frederikshavn: This morning cross the Great Belt Bridge to the garden island of Denmark, Funen. Stop in Odense, Hans Christian Andersen's birthplace. Later continue north through Jutland and spend the night in Frederikshavn.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Oslo||Frederikshavn - Gothenburg - Oslo: Leave Denmark this morning as you board your ferry across the Kattegat Strait to Gothenburg in Sweden. A scenic coastal drive leads you to Norway where you will spend the night in the capital city of Oslo.Scandinavian Breakfast|
Radisson Blu Alna
|Day 5||Vradal||Oslo Sightseeing - Vradal: This morning your Local Specialist will show you the highlights of Oslo including views of the medieval fortress Akershus, the Town Hall and the Royal Palace. Visit Vigeland Sculpture Park where you will find the world's largest sculpture exhibition made by a single artist. This afternoon start exploring the impressive Norwegian countryside as you travel towards the Telemark region, famed for being the home of the original and oldest skiing technique. Tonight enjoy dinner at your hotel.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Bergen||Vradal - Bergen (2 Nights): Start your day with a spectacular drive that takes you through the mountains and around the Hardangerfjord. Arrive in Bergen, Norway's second-biggest city famed for its shipping, aquaculture and subsea technology industry.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 7||Bergen||Bergen Sightseeing and Free Time: Today experience the history of this picturesque city on your orientation tour. See the 13th century Haakon's Hall and the bustling fish market. You'll have free time to explore the harbour area and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Bryggen which is the old wharf of the city.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 8||Fagernes||Bergen - Fagernes: This morning after breakfast travel inland to Fagernes. Admire the spectacular Sognefjord, the largest and most well-known fjord in the country. Dinner this evening will be at your hotel.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Karlstad||Fagernes - Lillehammer - Karlstad: Travel to Lillehammer, host of the Winter Olympics in 1994. This morning enjoy a stroll through the streets of this famous town. The scenery will change as you drive through lush forests along gorgeous lakes towards Sweden. Spend the night on the shores of the biggest lake of them all, Lake Vänern in Karlstad.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 10||Stockholm||Karlstad - Orebro - Stockholm (2 Nights): This morning visit Örebro, a lively university town. View the castle dominating the town centre and enjoy a stroll along the Svartån River, before continuing to Stockholm.Scandinavian Breakfast|
Park Inn By Radisson Hammarby Sjostad
|Day 11||Stockholm||Stockholm Sightseeing and Free Time: Today get to know this beautiful city on your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. View the medieval Storkyrkan, the Town Hall, Riddarholm Church and the Royal Palace. Spend time discovering the museums or fashionable stores or consider an Optional Experience in the afternoon. Tonight dine with your fellow travellers and celebrate this memorable trip.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 12||DEPART STOCKHOLM||Depart Stockholm: Say goodbye to Scandinavia as your holiday draws to a close. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Scandinavian Breakfast|
- All prices are per person, twin share.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class