Vibrant cities, distinct cultures, and unspoiled landscapes ? welcome to your Scandinavia affordable tour! You'll visit the fascinating Nordic cities and most scenic areas as well as some of its smaller and scenic towns. Overnight in Copenhagen, Frederikshavn, Oslo, the Telemark area, Bergen, the Fagernes area, Karlstad, and Stockholm. As you would expect from a Scandinavia tour, this tour features breathtaking scenery. Norway is known for its fjords-with their steep and majestic mountains and picturesque villages dotting the landscape. A highlight of this budget-minded Scandinavian tour is a cruise on the Sognefjord - Norway's longest and deepest fjord. Take a ferry across the Hardangerfjord, the world's fourth-largest fjord. Travel through Norway's Telemark region with its lakes, winding valleys, and rugged gorges backed by towering mountains. Stop for photos at Steinsdalsfoss Waterfall, where you can walk behind the cascading waterfall without getting wet. Also enjoy a scenic drive along beautiful Lake Mjosa. In Sweden, drive through the scenic Varmland - home to 10,000 lakes dotting the forested landscape. In Denmark, drive across the Great Belt Bridge - one of the world's longest bridges - and take a ferry from Denmark to Sweden. On this affordable tour of Scandinavia, spend time in the major cities: Copenhagen, capital of Denmark; Oslo, capital of Norway; Bergen, Norway's picturesque second-largest city; and Stockholm, Sweden's beautiful capital. You'll enjoy an orientation drive of Copenhagen and guided sightseeing excursions of Oslo and Stockholm. Visit Lillehammer, site of the 1994 Winter Olympics, and take time for a photo stop at Sweden's Gripsholm Castle - a fairytale castle built in 1537 and set in an enchanting rural setting on the way to Stockholm. From the fascinating cities and small towns to the breathtaking landscapes, this value-minded Scandinavia tour has it all!
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the Danish capital. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Enjoy a day at leisure in the capital of the oldest kingdom in the world. Besides many interesting landmarks and architectural masterpieces, see some of the more famous sites on your orientation drive, including the legendary Little Mermaid statue. An optional tour of Zealand's castles is also available. (B)|
|Day 3||Frederikshavn||After breakfast, start the journey northwards, enjoying the drive across the GREAT BELT BRIDGE, which will connect you to the fairytale island of Funen. Stop in Odense, Hans Christian Andersen's hometown, and via the Little Belt waterway, head for Frederikshavn on the rural Jutland Peninsula. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Oslo||Take a pleasant FERRY ride from Frederikshavn across the strategic Kattegat to Gothenburg, Sweden's thriving second-largest city and one of Europe's major seaports. After an orientation drive, follow the inland route and cross into Norway. Evening arrival in Oslo. (B)|
|Day 5||Telemark||Gustav Vigeland's sculptures are among the highlights of the included Oslo sightseeing tour; also see the soaring CITY HALL, National Theater, Broadcasting House, Parliament, and Akershus Castle. In the afternoon, drive through the Telemark region, where you spend the night. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Bergen||Take the scenic route for a visit to Vemork, where the heavy water plant was blown up by a commando unit of British and Norwegians known as the Heroes of Telemark. Visit the VEMORK MUSEUM, then proceed through the Telemark region with its lakes, winding valleys, and rugged gorges backed by towering mountains. FERRY across the Hardangerfjord from Utne to Kvanndal. Continue to Bergen, Norway's picture-perfect Hanseatic seaport. En route, a picture stop at Steindalsfossen Waterfall. (B)|
|Day 7||Bergen||Built on seven hills with the fjords on one side and 1,000-foot Mount Floyen on the other, Bergen was the home of composer Grieg. Spend the day exploring at leisure, or join the optional sightseeing excursion, which takes in the main sites, including the Hanseatic Museum, one of the landmarks of Bergen's bayside area, and also a panoramic view of the city from one of the surrounding hills. (B)|
|Day 8||Fagernes||More spectacular scenery as you drive towards the Sognefjord, where you embark for a breathtaking CRUISE on one of Norway's mightiest fjords. On to the Fagernes area. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Karlstad||First to Lillehammer, the mountain resort that hosted the 1994 Winter Olympics, then, a scenic drive along beautiful Lake Mjosa. Continue towards Sweden, through Varmland's unspoiled wilderness of forest and lakes to Karlstad, located by Sweden's largest lake, Lake Vanern. (B)|
|Day 10||Stockholm||Leave Karlstad and head east towards Stockholm via Alfred Nobel's Bofors to idyllic Mariefred. Here, view majestic Gripsholm Castle, built in an enchanting rural setting. On to the Swedish capital. Its beauty is due to its unique setting on 14 islands between Lake Maleren and the Baltic Sea. (B)|
|Day 11||Stockholm||This is perhaps the most beautiful of the Scandinavian capitals, because the crystalline waters that flow through its intersecting canals give a luminous appearance to palaces, castles, and parks. Your included city sightseeing takes in all the highlights. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Stockholm||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $580No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Copenhagen:in single room $131-$285; in twin / in triple $77-$153Extra nights per person in Stockholm:in single room $95-$121; in twin / in triple $56-$82
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).