Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
The enduring buzz of Cairo's bustling city streets and imposing Great Pyramids of Giza launch your discovery of ancient Egypt, cruising down the life-source of this land through the Valley of the Kings past the temples and tombs of Luxor, the Temple of Horus and the Graeco-Roman double temple at Kom-Ombo.
- City tour in Luxor and Cairo
- Cruise in a felucca across the Nile
- See the Ramses II statue and Alabaster Sphinx in Memphis, the Sound and Light show in Luxor
- View the Step Pyramid in Sakkara, the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza, the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk in Aswan, the Citadel, Alabaster and Sultan Hassan Mosques in Cairo.
- Visit the temples of Karnak, the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple and the Colossi of Memnon in Luxor, the temple dedicated to Goddess Hathor at Dendera, the Temple of Horus, the Temple of Isis on the island of Philae, the temple at Kom-Ombo and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
- 11 breakfasts
- 7 cruise dinners
- 7 cruise lunches
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Seven-night luxury Nile Cruise
- Return flight from Cairo to Luxor
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Escorted by one of Trafalgar's English-speaking Egyptologists / Travel Directors
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cairo||Arrive Cairo (2 Nights): You are met on arrival at Cairo Airport and transferred to your hotel. Relax and soak up the atmosphere in this ancient city.|
Le Meridian Pyramids
|Day 2||Cairo||Cairo - Pyramids Excursion: See the limestone Colossus of Ramses II and the Alabaster Sphinx at Memphis. Visit Sakkara and see the Step Pyramid. Marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza and see the Sphinx. Enjoy a view of the pyramids at night and an unforgettable Sound and Light Show.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Dendera||Cairo - Nile Cruise: Luxor - Dendera (7 Nights): Fly to Luxor for a guided tour of the Karnak Temple complex. Board your cruise ship in time for lunch, and set sail for Dendera in the north.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
Nile Cruise MS Miriam, MS Giselle or La Boheme or Similar
|Day 4||Luxor||Nile Cruise: Dendera - Luxor: Explore the Dendera Temple, dedicated to the Goddess Hathor, before cruising back to Luxor to visit the Grand Temple.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 5||Edfu||Nile Cruise: Luxor - Edfu: This morning, discover Luxor's West Bank, a complex of mortuary temples and tombs. See Queen Hatshepsut's Temple and the Colossi of Memnon. Visit the Valley of the Kings before cruising through the Esna Lock to Edfu.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 6||Aswan||Nile Cruise: Edfu - Aswan: Visit the Temple of Edfu, dedicated to the falcon god Horus. Tonight, dress up in galabeas and enjoy some Egyptian culture and cuisine.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 7||Aswan||Nile Cruise: Aswan: View the Unfinished Obelisk and visit the impressive High Dam in Aswan. Visit the Temple of Isis on the Island of Philae. Sail in a felucca on the Nile to view the Botanical Gardens on Kitchener's Island.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 8||Edfu||Nile Cruise: Aswan - Kom-Ombo - Edfu: Consider joining an excursion to Abu Simbel. Later, visit the roofless Temple of Kom-Ombo, dedicated to the falcon and crocodile gods.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 9||Luxor||Nile Cruise: Edfu - Luxor: Enjoy a full day cruising on the Nile. Take advantage of the onboard facilities. Enjoy the unique scenery as you cruise to Luxor.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 10||Cairo||Disembark Luxor - Cairo (2 Nights): Fly to Cairo. This evening consider an evening meal on board a floating restaurant with some lively Egyptian entertainment.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 11||Cairo||Cairo Sightseeing: Visit the Alabaster and Sultan Hassan Mosques and the Hanging Church of St. Mary in Old Cairo. View thousands of artefacts during your visit to the Egyptian Museum.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 12||Depart Cairo||Depart Cairo: Say goodbye to this unforgettable country. Airport transfers are available, conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Ships or cruise itineraries on the Nile may vary occasionally according to seasonal circumstance. Visits to sights and highlights will not be affected.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class