GLOBUS 2018: Oregon's Coast, Cascades & Craft Beers (NB)
10 days from Seattle to Portland
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Seattle||Welcome to Seattle! At 6 pm, meet your fellow traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Seattle||Morning sightseeing features the waterfront, Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square, and more. Then, a tour and tasting at REDHOOK ALE BREWERY. Learn its history and how it became Seattle's largest brewery. The rest of the day is free to explore on your own. How about ascending the Space Needle or visiting the incredible Chihuly Gardens & Glass? (B)|
|Day 3||Astoria||Head south to historic Astoria, located at the mouth of the Columbia River. Visit the ASTORIA COLUMN for spectacular views of the city and Pacific Ocean below. At FORT CLATSOP NATIONAL HISTORICAL PARK, costumed guides bring to life the story of Lewis & Clark, who used the fort as their winter encampment. During your free time here, consider time along the waterfront, where fishing boats unload their daily catch, seals and sea lions sun themselves, and charming Victorian architecture offers a glimpse into the past. This evening, enjoy an interactive dinner made with local ingredients and complimented with some of Oregon's best beers and wine. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Newport||Today, explore more of Oregon's beautiful coast as we visit CAPE MEARES STATE PARK to see the historic lighthouse and admire incredible views of the Pacific Ocean. Don't miss the famous Octopus Tree. Next, we visit the TILLAMOOK CHEESE factory, where you can take a tour, and try samples. Continue to Newport and your oceanfront hotel. This evening, visit ROGUE BREWERY, learn about their sustainable brewing efforts, and tour their liquor distillery and traditional cooperage. After the tour, enjoy dinner and a tasting of some of Rogue's most popular beers. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Medford||Explore more of the Oregon coast this morning as you travel down scenic Highway 101. Spend time in the charming coastal town of Florence. Enjoy a [LF] DUNE BUGGY ride as you ascend and descend the impressive dunes and along the ocean beach. Next, make your way past orchards, creameries, and vineyards on your way to Medford. Your hotel is centrally located and within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and several craft breweries. (B)|
|Day 6||Bend||Today is devoted to CRATER LAKE NATIONAL PARK. Founded in 1902, Crater Lake is the fifth-oldest national park in the United States. Here, you'll discover a deep-blue lake created by the eruption and collapse of Mount Mazama almost 7,000 years ago. Spend time at the Visitor's Center, explore historic Crater Lake Lodge, enjoy a leisurely hike, or just relax and admire the stunning scenery. Don't forget your camera, as photo opportunities abound! Continue to the picturesque city of Bend for a 2-night stay. This evening is at leisure to explore some of Bend's 27 breweries, restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Bend||After a morning at leisure, enjoy lunch and a tasting at DESCHUTES BREWERY & PUBLIC HOUSE. You may wish to try some of Deschutes' first beers, like Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond Pale Ale. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. You may want to browse the downtown area's many shops and art galleries, take a Segway City Sights tour, stroll along the Deschutes River, or jump on the Bend Brew Bus for a unique tour that visits four different breweries. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Portland||Travel north, taking in vistas of famous Mount Hood, towering over the valley below at 11,239 feet. Stop for a visit to a [LF] LOCAL ORCHARD, where you'll have a chance to sample some of the region's delicious produce and enjoy a special treat. Next, enjoy views of the Columbia River and snowcapped peaks beyond as you visit FULL SAIL BREWING CO in Hood River. Join a tour and a tasting of their most popular creations. On to MULTNOMAH FALLS, a 611-foot-tall roaring and awe-inspiring cascade of icy water. Arrive in Portland, the 'City of Roses,' for a 2-night stay. This evening is free to explore Portland on your own. (B)|
|Day 9||Portland||On your morning tour of Portland, see some of the city's eclectic neighborhoods: Pioneer Courthouse Square with its famous food carts, and Washington Park, home of the International Rose Test Gardens. This afternoon is at leisure to explore on your own. Why not visit Portland's Saturday Market and pick up a handmade souvenir, enjoy a delicious creation at Voodoo Doughnut, or explore Powell's Bookstore-the largest bookstore in the world? This evening, join your Tour Director and fellow travel companions for a special farewell [LF] BREWER'S DINNER at WIDMER BROTHERS BREWING, famous for its Hefeweizen. The dinner includes four courses, each paired with a local beer, and discussion from one of the local experts-the perfect ending to your vacation! (B,D)|
|Day 10||Portland||Your tour ends this morning with guests departing on individual schedules. A transfer is included to Portland International Airport. For passengers who would like to return to Seattle, the motorcoach will provide a transfer to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport at no additional cost. Please schedule flights from Seattle after 1 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices are per person based on double room occupancy. Single Room Supplement: $1,140 to $1,365 Triple Room Reduction per person: $255 to $315 Extra Nights per person in Seattle: in single room $367; in twin room $203; in triple room $155 Extra Nights per person in Portland: June & September: in single room $263; in twin room $137; in triple room $103July-August: in single room $339; in twin room $175; in triple room $128
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).