GLOBUS 2019: Hidden Treasures of Southern England with Paris (GVE)
9 days from London to Paris
This Southern England tour highlights some of the historical monuments and beautiful towns found throughout Southern England. Your tour starts with a short drive from London to Oxford to see the colleges where Britain's elite receives its outstanding education. History buffs are sure to be delighted on the visits to Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare and a town that brings to life what life was like in 16th-century England; mysterious Stonehenge; Georgian city of Bath. You will also visit magnificent Salisbury Cathedral, consecrated in 1258 and home to the best preserved original Magna Carta. Discover the Isle of Wight with a rich historical heritage and visit Osborne House, Queen Victoria's palatial holiday home.Throughout this tour of Southern England, you will be accompanied and guided by local experts who will bring these destinations to life with first-hand, in-depth knowledge of southern England's history, treasures, and secrets. Plus, to give you authentic experiences, Globus has included special adventures, such as tea and pastries in the Refectory restaurant in Salisbury. Your Tour Director will take you to Shakespeare's Schoolroom where he was educated and inspired to become a writer.From the vibrant city of London to the relaxing, unspoiled Isle of Wight, this Southern England tour is a vacation of a lifetime!At the end of your Southern England tour, you'll travel to Paris via the Eurostar train for three nights. A relaxing cruise of the River Seine with views of Notre Dame Cathedral is already included. Also enjoy time to explore Paris on your own. All services in Paris, including Local Host assistance, are provided by Monograms.From the vibrant cities of London and Paris to the relaxing, seaside town of Brighton, this Southern England tour-with an extension to Paris-is a vacation of a lifetime!
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.|
|Day 2||Stratford-upon-Avon||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and depart at 8 am for a lovely day of sightseeing. Drive through Runnymede, site of the sealing of the Magna Carta in 1215, and enjoy a walking tour through Oxford to see the colleges where Britain's elite receives its outstanding education. Then, discover the beautiful hometown and final resting place of Stratford's most famous son, William Shakespeare. Your Tour Director will take you on a stroll ending at [LF] SHAKESPEARE'S SCHOOLROOM. It was here that William was educated and inspired to become one of the world's greatest playwrights. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Bath||A particularly scenic day. Enjoy a lovely, relaxed sightseeing morning through the Cotswolds' idyllic rolling hills and discover its charming villages. Stop in Tetbury, a historic wool town and architectural gem, before continuing on to elegant Bath, famous for the Roman excavations and its stunning Georgian buildings. You will have time to discover the town on your own and soak up the vibrant atmosphere. Later, consider an optional excursion to the picturesque, 13th-century village of Castle Combe. (B)|
|Day 4||Southampton||Take a short FERRY ride and discover the Isle of Wight, situated off England's south coast, with unspoiled and spectacular scenery and a rich historical heritage. OSBORNE HOUSE, Queen Victoria's palatial holiday home, invites you to visit Victoria and Albert's private apartments, their bathing beach, and children's play-cottage for an intimate glimpse of royal family life. Then stroll through the garden terraces where the fabulous views across the Solent reminded Prince Albert of the Bay of Naples. Return by FERRY to the mainland for overnight in Southampton. (B,D)|
|Day 5||London||Today, visit the splendid Salisbury CATHEDRAL, the ultimate in Early English Gothic architecture and home to the best-preserved, original Magna Carta. Enjoy [LF] TEA and PASTRIES in the Refectory restaurant. Then, try to unravel the mystery of prehistoric STONEHENGE. First, explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then take the shuttle to the stone circle and admire the magnificence of the monument up close. Return to London around 3:30 pm. How about celebrating your vacation by taking in one of the great West End shows? (B)|
|Day 6||Paris||Travel by HIGH-SPEED EUROSTAR TRAIN (Standard class) to Paris. Your Local Host is available to help you make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 7||Paris||Morning guided sightseeing features Paris' most famous highlights like Place de la Concorde, the Arc de Triomphe, and a stop to take photos of the Eiffel Tower. Also enjoy a relaxing SEINE RIVER CRUISE with views of Notre Dame Cathedral. (B)|
|Day 8||Paris||Your Local Host will have many suggestions for your day at leisure. (B)|
|Day 9||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$701-$1,022Triple room supplement per person:$39-$170Extra nights per person in London:in single room $219-$291, in twin $124-$158, in triple $114-$147Upgrade supplement to Standard Premier on Eurostar Train: $178
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).